I don't watch TV

I abhor sitting down and channel surfing in an attempt to find something worth watching on television. I love the visual medium; I have a 65" HDTV that is causing problems with finding a new home. We have to make sure it will fit. So, I can't bear to channel surf, yet I buy a $2500 television set? What gives?

Why, it's elementary, son. Digitally recorded media. We have Time Warner for our cable provider down here in North Caroltucky, and they have finally provided a DVR/PVR box that has a functional interface AND does high def. It's not as good as TiVo (I still love you, TiVo) but it does HD and I don't have to purchase a very expensive satellite dish receiver. I already get their Road Runner cable internet, so I believe it is slightly cheaper to have the whole enchilada.

Once a week I sit down for a few minutes and scan through the upcoming HD programming and select things for it to record. Additionally, I obtain copies of television shows off the internet that are only broadcast locally in standard def, or even worse, analog. This means we always have materials to watch aplenty, in high definition, with no annoying commercials.

Anyway, back to the primary topic of the blog: The Novel. It's not the Great American Novel I wish it could be. No, it's science fiction, based on an idea I had a few weeks ago. It has to do with VR, and for now I'm not going to be posting any excerpts. Maybe later, as it matures.

Oh, I've also removed the restriction on the comments so that anyone can post now.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

PeNoWriMo

Slacker weekend, productive Monday